Can't find the post you're looking for?
Please scroll to the bottom of the page, where you'll find the blog archive, containing all of the posts ever published on this blog.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

World of Dreams Photo of the Week

Now, you may be surprised to hear this, but this week's photo is from... a parking lot. Yes, a parking lot! The Magic Kingdom's, to be exact. Now, I know that I say this at least once a week, and probably sound like a broken record, but at Disney, everything is so amazing. In accordance with this, the parking lots really aren't mere parking lots, like you would find elsewhere, but are so much more. Clever kinetics, attractive landscaping and preliminary storytelling are all present in the Disney lots, creating an exciting environment perfectly designed to build anticipation of the many whimsical adventures which await you in the park.

With this week's photo, I have tried to epitomise everything the Disney parking lots represent. Although you can't see the park itself, this photo was taken whilst I faced toward the Magic Kingdom, and showcases the beautiful sky visible late in a sunny Floridian day. Late afternoon/early evening is my favourite time to enter the Magic Kingdom, as the beautiful skies always make the already wondrous settings of Seven Seas Lagoon and the Park's seven lands so much more magical and stunning. I think that the whole of Walt Disney World, and the Magic Kingdom in particular, looks so much more beautiful at sunset.

In this image I was also lucky enough to capture two of my favourite elements of the Disney parking lots. Firstly, there are the colourful signs detailing which zone of the lot you have parked in. In the case of the Magic Kingdom, the parking lot is divided into two sides: heroes and villains. Unfortunately, we were directed to the Villains side that day (boo), but I made sure that I told nobody(I don't want my reputation ruined!) Although quite confusing, this unique two sided system at the Magic Kingdom, which is still fairly new, is great fun to park in, adding a whole new dimension to the lot. The other awesome thing in the picture is the tram. Although it's just a means of transporting guests from one side of the vast parking lots to the other, the trams really are great fun to ride, and a really special way to approach a park. Oh, and they make tearing yourself away from it a little easier!

The only thing that I have changed about this photo is to slightly tweak the saturation, in order to fully emphasise and credit the true beauty of the sky, as this photo was taken on a pretty bad camera! I hope you like it!

Thank you for reading! I would also like to thank everyone who has been making kind comments about this Blog, especially on Facebook. It's a truly great feeling to be able to share my passion for Disney with all of you, and know that my work's appreciated!

I hope you're having a magical week!



No comments: