Can't find the post you're looking for?
Please scroll to the bottom of the page, where you'll find the blog archive, containing all of the posts ever published on this blog.

Thursday, October 24, 2013

World of Dreams Photo of the Week

So, it's official! Disney's Animal Kingdom, Walt Disney World's newest and largest theme park, will be receiving the biggest expansion since its opening on April 22nd, 1998! The expansion, which is already beginning construction, will centre around the much discussed Avatar Land, scheduled to open in 2017, as well as a whole host of smaller projects which will combine to finally make the Animal Kingdom a full-day park.

Here on the blog I have reported extensively on the subject, and wanted to take this opportunity to summarise the four articles I have written on the Animal Kingdom expansion, as well as sharing a photo I took of the beautifully landscaped entrance of this wonderful park. The four articles published are as follows...

1~ 'More Details Shared Concerning Avatar Land...', October 13th.

2~ 'Yet More Avatar Land News!', October 14th

3~ 'My Views on the New Nighttime Entertainment Coming Soon to Animal Kingdom', October 15th.

4~ 'My Views on Avatar Land', October 20th.

If you haven't seen them already, I hope you enjoy reading them!!!

Now for the photograph...





Despite it being a fairly generic shot of the front of the park, I actually think this image turned out pretty well. I used a rectangular tilt shift focus and slightly increased the brightness and saturation, and I think it creates a pretty cool effect. I also like the rare sense of mystery that the tilt shift effect has seemingly created, a perfect connotation for the Walt Disney World park which arguably has the strongest sense of adventure!

Another thing I wanted to talk about is that it is now a year since my family and I were last in Florida, on our second trip. I have so many wonderful memories of the time we spent together at the most magical place on earth, as well as at some of the other attractions in the Central Florida and Orlando area. Of course, Disney was by far the best part of the trip, with us spending A LOT of time at the World! I have so many incredible memories from my time there, and can't wait to return for our third trip, hopefully sometime in 2014!

Thanks for reading! If you haven't yet, please take the time to check out the absolutely awesomely incredible We're Going to Walt Disney World Podcast! I hope you're having a magical week!

No comments: