Can't find the post you're looking for?
Please scroll to the bottom of the page, where you'll find the blog archive, containing all of the posts ever published on this blog.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Blog Update, and Walt Disney World's 42nd Anniversary!

Hello again everyone- I'm so incredibly excited to be back on the blog!

I must apologise for the lack of posts and also the lack of explanation for that. As I have mentioned a few times on Twitter, school restarted after summer a few weeks ago, and, as I predicted, this year is proving to be very busy for myself and my year group! I am now in Year 11 here in England, the second, last and hitherto busiest year of GCSEs. Because of this, the past three weeks have been incredibly manic for my friends and I, thanks mainly to the tests we've had for the school to be able to test our progress at the beginning of this extremely important year. When coupled with sports, family gatherings and of course existing homework this unfortunately left me with very little time to write for the blog.

Luckily the exams are all over, and I'm happy to report that they went wonderfully well! Even better is the fact that I can now resume my regular schedule with regards to the blog, which I'm very much looking forward to! As I'm sure you all know, I love sharing my love of Disney, and Walt Disney World in particular, by writing this blog. I'm aiming to make myself more organised in terms of writing posts, something which admittedly I didn't get the opportunity to do in the past few weeks due to the sheer volume of work!

Like I said, the blog will now resume its regular schedule. I have a brand new Photo of the Week coming tomorrow, which I hope you will all find interesting, which will be followed by a review of ImageWorks at Epcot, coming your way on Friday. These two posts will go back to their regular weekly rotation.

Also, I have made a decision regarding Pin of the Fortnight and My Top Seven. I very much enjoy writing both posts, and have got some great ones lined up for you over the next few weeks. What I have decided to do is relax the schedule for these two posts. Instead of alternating between the two every Sunday, the posts will now be written and posted at any time- as I write them, if you will. The main reason for my decision here is that both are long, complex posts which require a lot of thought, time and effort, and I feel that they will be significantly better if I allow myself all the time I need to write them, and not subject myself to the pressure of deadlines and such. I hope that this way I can bring you editions of these posts which are even better than before!

As always, these four regular articles will be supplemented by others detailing news, reviews, and my opinions on interesting topics concerning Walt Disney World.


Now that I've explained all that, I would like to take this opportunity to wish the Walt Disney World Resort a very happy and magical 42nd anniversary! As I'm sure you know, it is now exactly 42 years ago today- on October 1st 1971- that the Magic Kingdom, WDW's first park, opened. Nowadays, 42 years later, it's the most popular theme park in the world, and is a favourite of many Disney Fans.

I am delighted to announce that not only will tomorrow's Photo of the Week celebrate this wonderful milestone for Walt Disney World, the anniversary will also be the focus of the second edition of 'My Top Seven'. Stay tuned for that later this week!

Thanks for reading! I can't wait to get back into writing for the blog! Please also check out the wonderful We're Going to Walt Disney World Podcast! I hope you have a magical day!

No comments: