Can't find the post you're looking for?
Please scroll to the bottom of the page, where you'll find the blog archive, containing all of the posts ever published on this blog.

Thursday, October 31, 2013

World of Dreams Photo of the Week- Happy Halloween!

Hello, and Happy Halloween everybody! I love Halloween- it's one of my favourite holidays- so wanted to delay this week's photograph to today, with a very special Halloween image to celebrate the season!

As I'm sure you know, to say that Disney celebrate Halloween at their parks doesn't even begin to do their Halloween celebrations justice! At Walt Disney World, and at the Magic Kingdom in particular, they truly take celebrating Halloween to the next level, with parties, exclusive experiences, and awesome decorations. And it's one of these incredible decorations- an example of the ubiquitous Mickey Pumpkins to be exact- which is my photo this week. The pumpkin shown is one of the wonderful ones which adorn the lamp posts all along Main Street USA at this time of year, and was photographed last year in the midst of the Magic Kingdom's Halloween Festivities. I've edited it, and I really hope you like the result...





Pretty cool effect, right? I love the colours in the image, especially of the wreath surrounding the pumpkin! Of course, I also love the effect created by what I guess has become my 'signature' tilt shift effect! I'd love to hear what you think- a comment would be much appreciated! Also, check out the blog's Facebook Page for an exclusive version of this picture!

Before I go, I'd just like to leave you with some recommendations for some great Disney websites to visit this Halloween! Firstly Magical Mouse Radio is playing all Disney Halloween music today, with some great audio from Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party! I for one have been listening all day, and have been absolutely LOVING it- there is nothing better to get you in that Halloween Spirit! Another thing you should check out this Halloween is Show #7 of the Disney Nerds Podcast. To celebrate the holiday, they have a special Halloween Treat for us, in the form of the original recording of the Haunted Mansion's intriguing backstory, from back in 1969. I've listened, and I can tell you, it is INCREDIBLE! I found myself transfixed from start to finish by this amazing example of Disney Storytelling, and will definitely be listening again and again! The spooky atmosphere it created was perfect for today! Lastly, I have posted some great Halloween Photos to my Instagram account, which is @BloggerDisney.

Thanks for reading! I hope that you're having a 'spook-tacularly' magical Halloween!

And don't forget to check out the awesome We're Going to Walt Disney World Podcast! There's a new show coming soon!

No comments: