Can't find the post you're looking for?
Please scroll to the bottom of the page, where you'll find the blog archive, containing all of the posts ever published on this blog.

Monday, June 10, 2013

World of Dreams Pin of the Fortnight

Hello everyone! I hope you had a magical weekend and that your week has started well! I'm gonna have to postpone my review of Humunga Kowabunga again I'm afraid, as the app I use didn't save it... Again! From now on I'll save posts I'm working on elsewhere. I had written it weeks ago, but when I went to post it over the weekend, it had vanished without a trace. I'll re-write it, and it'll be published on Friday.

This fortnight I'm featuring a lovely little pin, which is one of those pins that can only be described as being simple and amazing at the same time. It really is an ingenious design, consisting of Epcot's Spaceship Earth with Mickey Ears, making it almost like a Hidden Mickey. Much like the awesome Spaceship Earth Ear Hats you can buy, this pin makes a great addition to any collection, and features a terrifically detailed reproduction of the Epcot icon's incredible geometric pattern. As with all the other wonderful pins available at Walt Disney World featuring Spaceship Earth, this pin is in a way 3D, with the depiction of the icon feeling bumpy, for want of a better term. What I mean by this is that the shapes which make up the pattern of Spaceship Earth aren't flat, and are instead three dimensional, just like the real thing.

Whilst I didn't actually purchase this pin in Epcot, I got it at one of those pin places that sells pins from all over WDW in the Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland, (the receipt says that it's called Geiger's Counter, a clever name, and the same one as the store that occupied the space where the DVC Kiosk now is, but that's another story) this pin is available to buy all across Epcot. It costs $7.95 and it's safe to assume that pretty much anywhere in Epcot that sells a goodly number of pins will have this one, indeed, so will many places across Walt Disney World, as proved by the fact that I bought in Tomorrowland!

Without further ado, here is this great pin:






Thanks for reading! Please also check out the We're Going To Walt Disney World Podcast, Show #32 was a lot of fun to record!

No comments: