Can't find the post you're looking for?
Please scroll to the bottom of the page, where you'll find the blog archive, containing all of the posts ever published on this blog.

Friday, June 14, 2013

World of Dreams Photo of the Week

This week my chosen image shows the entrance to what is in my opinion one of Walt Disney World's best designed lands geographically. It shows a beautiful view of Tomorrowland, which (seeing as I'm in geography mode today), is located on the eastern side of the Magic Kingdom. Actually, with regards to that, I want to share an interesting fact which I discovered recently. I'm told that the monorail resorts around Seven Seas Lagoon, the lake which fronts the Magic Kingdom, were designed in such a way to as to thematically mimic the layout of generally similarly themed lands within the park itself. Today's example of Tomorrowland within the Magic Kingdom is mirrored by the Contemporary Resort on this wonderful lake, with this futuristically themed resort being situated on the lagoon's eastern shore, just like how Tomorrowland is in the east of the Magic Kingdom. I'm not sure if this is totally accurate, but I've heard it several times across the Disney Community.

My photo this week shows a spellbinding view into Tomorrowland from the Magic Kingdom's hub, with an inviting view into the immediate part of Tomorrowland and beyond (a fitting pun I think, considering Buzz Lightyear's presence in this area!) The magnificently imaginative sign/archway which beckons guests into Tomorrowland stands proudly in the foreground of the image, with the whimsical skyline of this awesomely themed area behind it, dominated by the cleverly themed Astro Orbitor, which serves as a perfect 'weenie' for Tomorrowland (whilst I'm on the subject I'd like to wholeheartedly recommend this article on Blue Sky Disney, a great source of information about Disney weenies, a concept which is a massive part of the parks' history)

Another thing I love about how this area is designed is, strangely enough, concerning something that you can't actually see, at least not yet in the picture's POV. I am, of course, referring to Space Mountain, Tomorrowland's, and arguably even the Magic Kingdom's, signature attraction. I absolutely adore the terrific way in which the Imagineers have told the story of this area so well before you've even set foot in it, a sensational and unique technique that only Disney can do well. This is one of the best things that can be done in theming areas in my opinion, and sets the guest up perfectly for the intricately themed land which they are about to experience. I love how you begin your adventure in this part of the park by walking though what is in my mind a simulation of a bustling metropolis of the future, before suddenly appearing in this breathtaking wide open space dominated by Space Mountain's mammoth structure.

Without further ado, here's my photo:





I love the filter I've put on it, I feel it really does this pretty Magic Kingdom land justice.

Thanks for reading! Please also check out the We're Going To Walt Disney World Podcast! I hope you have a magical weekend!

No comments: