Can't find the post you're looking for?
Please scroll to the bottom of the page, where you'll find the blog archive, containing all of the posts ever published on this blog.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Pin of the Fortnight

Although it's been a little (okay, a lot!) longer than a fortnight since I last wrote about a pin from my collection, I've improved my organisation with regards to writing these, so they'll be posted once a fortnight as usual from now on. Stay tuned for a special announcement regarding this and the Blog's Schedule at the end of this article!
As with my Splash Mountain Pin, today's pin, which represents Disney's Blizzard Beach Waterpark, is beautifully detailed, and also features kinetics as one of its most noteworthy features. The image it depicts is of the park's mascot, Ice Gator, who is shown on a snowboard with the words 'Blizzard Beach' on the bottom, together forming the pin's moving part. This can be rotated on a fixed point in the center of the pin, against a stunningly detailed background showing the park's iconic Mount Gushmore alongside its signature attraction, Summit Plummet, perched atop the mountain. It does a great job of epitomising the spirit of the park, which recently celebrated its 18th Birthday
I bought this wonderful pin in Beach Haus, Blizzard Beach's largest store. As far as I'm aware, it's still available to purchase, and is to my knowledge the most popular Blizzard Beach themed pin. One thing I have always noticed about the stores at the two Walt Disney World Waterparks is that, with regards to pins, they tend to have one of the best selections anywhere on property. When considering that it's also true that they stock many unique items alongside their impressive range of pins, it makes the stores at Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon some of the most well rounded in WDW. In fact, I'll write an article sometime this week or next elaborating on why I think this!
Here is this lovely pin in all its glory:

PICTURE CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE

It truly is a splendidly designed pin, and has always been one of my favourites in my collection.
As I'm sure you're aware, this post was scheduled to be published on Sunday, but was delayed. Up until now it's been published every second Sunday, and not on the weeks in between, but that's about to change. Whilst I won't be publishing a weekly Pin article, and the existing 'Pin of the Fortnight' will remain scheduled for the same day, I am pleased to announced that I will be bringing a new set of articles to the blog, which will appear on every Sunday that doesn't see a Pin of the Fortnight. The new posts will be named simply 'My Top Seven...', with, of course, that fortnight's subject as part of the title. Launching this Sunday, these articles will consist of me picking any topic related to Walt Disney World, and describing my top seven favourite examples of this topic. This idea was born when I decided that I wanted to bring to this blog the popular concept of articles which list the best thing about something. Ubiquitous in the Disney Community, these articles are some of the most popular on the sites they feature on, and I hope this will be the case for the World of Dreams Blog. I always really enjoy reading these articles, and thought it would be fun to write some of my own too. I, however, decided to think a little outside the box. Most of these such articles feature a list of only five, or even six things, but instead, I've elected to detail seven. This is not only to make my articles as unique as possible, but also because there are so many great things at Walt Disney World that I'm gonna struggle to narrow it down to seven, let alone five or six! Look out for these posts premiering this Sunday!
Please also check out the amazing We're Going To Walt Disney World Podcast!
Thanks for reading, and have a magical day! Photo of the Week will be published tomorrow!


No comments: