Can't find the post you're looking for?
Please scroll to the bottom of the page, where you'll find the blog archive, containing all of the posts ever published on this blog.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

World of Dreams Photo of the Week

Hello everyone! I hope you had a good Earth Day on Monday, and congratulations go to the marvellously beautiful Disney's Animal Kingdom, which turned 15 on the same day. As I'm sure you're aware, I was planning to dedicate an independent post to this, but have elected to tie it into this post due to the Blog Writing app I've begun using recently crashing as I attempted to publish my work. Hopefully this won't happen again!
Disney's Animal Kingdom will always have a special place in my heart, as it opened just over a month after I was born, and in turn celebrated its own 15th a month after mine with an amazing special Opening Ceremony worthy of such a great park. The ceremony, which can be watched here featured popular music from the park's rich selection, alongside appearances from Josh D’Amaro, Vice President of Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Doctor Jackie Ogden, Vice President of Animals, Science and Environment, and of course all the Disney Characters decked out in their best safari gear. From what I've read and seen, it truly sounds like it was a day to remember- and here's to the next 15 years of what is widely regarded as Walt Disney World's most beautiful park!
I selected this Week's Photo in light of this, in order to celebrate this great milestone for the Animal Kingdom right here on the blog. In my opinion, the viewpoint from which I took this picture is the very best in the entire park, with a spellbinding composition showing the wondrous Tree of Life with Expedition Everest in the distance. The Discovery River provides a great leading line for the image, exquisitely directing the eyes immediately to the Animal Kingdom's two most iconic landmarks. I'm surprised that more people don't actually stop on the bridge from which this image was captured, such is the awe-inspiring panorama that becomes visible as you cross it. As I'm sure you can tell, I have heavily edited this photo, doing so with the intention of emphasising the leading line and creating an effect which fits into this park's unique atmosphere.




Before I sign off today, I would like to invite you to check out the We're Going To Walt Disney World Podcast. Covering all things Disney, this sensational podcast is presented by Ed, Quinn and Hope, whose interesting discussions always teach me something! Show 29 has just been posted, and I am a guest in that episode- something I'm very excited about! In my segment, I talk a bit about myself and some of my Disney Interests, and thoroughly enjoyed doing so! I would just like to say a big thank you to Ed, Quinn and Hope for having me on the show, which is also available for download on iTunes. If you listen to Show 29, I hope you enjoy it, and that my segment is as fun to listen to as it was to record!
Thanks for reading, and have a magical day!

No comments: